Drain blockages could be a nightmare with dirty water streaming inside bedrooms, brimming over the commode, foul smell, etc. Nobody likes to even imagine that; and what about those who must experience it. It could be even worse if you cannot avail a plumber right away to manage the situation. However, only with a few tips and tricks sometimes you can also try out household hacks to tackle blocked drains.
Here Are Some Plan To Proceed
Analyze the type of clog you have:
- Position of the blockage
- If it’s a sudden blockage due to some solid stuff or it’s a rotting clog
- If it’s in the pipeline inside that washroom or your exterior drainage line.
knowing the basic reasons would give you an insight into which method to apply primarily. In fact, sometimes the easy tricks can do wonders. So, here are those to apply:
- Flushing a lot of water
- Putting in bathroom cleaners and flushing a lot of water
- Pouring in boiling water which many times dissolves kinds of blocks.
- Using suction hand pumps is easily available in the market.
Quite effective for your kitchen sink drainpipe and washbasin, you can make a natural cleaner with easily available agents like white vinegar and some baking soda.
- All you need to do is mix some baking soda and water and pour it down the drain followed by white vinegar.
- Cover the sink outlet of the drain to restrict bubbles from coming out.
- The chemical reaction caused by the soda and vinegar softens the stuck wastes and once you flush water, the blockage will clean out.
- You can repeat pouring the mixture to clean blockage entirely and end with flushing hot water to efficiently clean the drainage way.
Sometimes, it could be hard to avail a plumber. Moreover, blocked drains do not crop up always with a knock. So, this challenge could be surfacing any time of the day in your house, even an hour before when you might be expecting guests. Simply, get a strong wire which is bendable to solve the problem. You could even use an old end to form a small hook-like in the front and straighten the rest of the wire according to the length of your pipeline. Now, all you need to do is insert the wire down the pipeline and start hunting for any clog, and wherever the wire gets any obstruction pull out the junk. Once you are successful in pulling out some stuff you can run down some hot water the clear the rest of the clog.
A plunger is one of the most popular methods of cleaning a clogged toilet. Easily available in markets and easy to use, all you need to ensure while using a plunger is to cover all the spouts, like overflow spouts before starting. This tool creates an up and down pressure, which quite effectively loosens solid blockages. But at the same time, it is not that effective on greasy clogs of blocked drains.
A plumber’s CCTV is a bit different than what we understand by CCTV. It is a small camera installed at the tip of a slick pipe. You can insert the pipe into the drain and see what is wrong with the blocked drain. When nothing works, you need to understand that you have failed to understand the original reason. The CCTV would be great to the reason for the blocked drains.
However, even though all these are easy household DIY tricks sometimes situations with blocked drains could be severe. However, if you try out all these even after which if your drains are not clog-free, do not delay any further. Call for a professional plumber immediately. Keeping clogged drains neglected can lead to severe damages like bursting or pipes, leakages, mold built up, bacterial growth, etc.